Thursday, February 6, 2020

I am turning to you, Pat​:

In under 24 hours, my opponents have already begun a barrage of attacks, trying to punish me for doing what's right -- which is why I'm turning to you.
DemocratsJoin us.

Last night, I voted to convict Donald Trump on both charges brought against him by the House.

This was far from an easy decision. My vote was not made based on party affiliation, polling, or politics. I decided based on evidence, choosing to defend our democracy and the people I've sworn to serve.

In under 24 hours, my opponents have already begun a barrage of attacks against me for doing what's right -- which is why I'm turning to you, Pat. Mitch McConnell and his Republican networks in Washington have shown they're ready to go to any length to try to remove me from the Senate, and I am asking you today if you'll help me fight back.

Will you split a $10 contribution between my reelection campaign and the Democratic Party? Democrats in tough races like mine are relying on your support to win hard-fought battles nationwide, and we cannot win without you.


I am not exaggerating when I say that defending my seat this year will be difficult, and my votes yesterday have already invited attacks from the far right. One extreme, Trump-aligned dark money group announced they would spend nearly half a million dollars while my Senate colleagues and I were still deliberating. I need your help, Pat.

The DNC's support was instrumental to my victory in 2017. They joined a broad coalition of organizers on the ground to reach every voter possible and invested in my race -- a race many wrote off as hopeless in a state as historically red as Alabama. I, and so many other Democrats running in competitive districts and states, am counting on that same level of support from our party. But that won't be possible without you.

Please split a $10 donation between my race for Senate and the DNC. I hope I can count on committed Democrats like you in important moments like this one.

Thank you for your help,

Doug

Doug Jones
U.S. Senate, Alabama

P.S. I didn't run for Senate hoping to participate in the impeachment trial of a president. However, I could not shirk my duty to defend the Constitution and carry out impartial justice. I need to know you've got my back. Can you please make a $10 contribution to my campaign and make sure the DNC can support our vital work today?

















If you no longer wish to receive emails from the DNC, submit this form to unsubscribe. If you'd only like to receive our most important messages, sign up to receive less email.

If you're ready to elect Democrats in all 50 states, make a contribution today.

Contributions or gifts to the Democratic National Committee are not tax deductible. Paid for by the Democratic National Committee, www.Democrats.org, and not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee.

No comments:

Post a Comment